Deadline: April first, annually
Reading Fee: $25
Manuscripts submitted to the contest will be read and judged anonymously.
- Individual poems in the manuscript may have been published previously in a chapbook, magazines, journals or anthologies, but the work as a whole must be unpublished.
- Translations and previously self-published books are not eligible.
- Open to any poet writing in English, age 18 or older, regardless of publication history.
- Send 48-100 pages of poetry–any style or theme–with a table of contents and an acknowledgements page for any previously published poems.
- The page count doesn’t include the table of contents or acknowledgements.
- Manuscripts must be typed, each manuscript page numbered, with the following information entered in the Cover Letter field on Submittable:
- Contest title
- Manuscript title
- Author name
- Telephone number
- Email (if available)
- Your name and contact information must not appear anywhere else on the manuscript.
- Contestants may submit more than one manuscript, but a separate entry fee must accompany each manuscript.
- Please let us know immediately if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
- Employees and students of Southeast Missouri State University Press are not eligible.
- Failure to follow these guidelines may disqualify entry.
Winner and finalists will be announced in the winter following the contest deadline, on our website.
For further information, Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.